I went to a jewelry party last week and our gracious host ”Tracey” served the Best Peanut buttery cup bars I have ever had!!! Along with other yummy goodies red wine, tea, coffee
I wasn’t able to get her recipe but this one seems pretty close to what we all devoured!
Peanut Butter Cup Bars
Yield: 16 bars
½ cup unsalted butter
1¾ cups powdered sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter
¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup unsalted butter
½ cup milk chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
1. Line an 8×8-inch square pan with foil, leaving enough to hang over the sides, then butter the foil. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the ½ cup of butter over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs until completely combined and smooth. Spread the peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
3. In the now-empty saucepan, melt the ¼ cup unsalted butter. Add the chocolate and stir until almost completely melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring until completely melted. Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and smooth into an even layer.
4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set. Remove from the pan using the foil overhangs and place on a cutting board. Use a pizza cutter to slice into 16 bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Peanut Butter Cup Brownies (moxiegirlproductions.com)
- Puppy Chow Fudge (whatchamakinnow.blogspot.com)
- Build me up, peanut butter cup (eatocracy.cnn.com)
- Halloween leftovers: Peanut butter cup and Snickers crunch brownies (csmonitor.com)