- 2 (14-oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 soft hamburger buns
Accompaniments:sour cream; salsa; lettuce
Pulse 1 can beans in a food processor with mayonnaise, bread crumbs, cumin, oregano, and cayenne until a coarse purée forms. Transfer to a bowl and stir in cilantro and remaining can beans. Form mixture into 4 patties.
Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Cook burgers until outsides are crisp and lightly browned, turning once, about 5 minutes total. Serve on buns.
- Meatless Monday: Black Bean Tacos (27monthsincameroon.wordpress.com)
- Meatless Monday (Night Football) Recipes: Vegetarian Chili courtesy of inSHAPE (thefoodiejournal.com)
- Meatless Monday Recipes: Fiesta Black Bean and Quinoa Salad with Zesty Lime & Avocado Dressing courtesy of inSHAPE (thefoodiejournal.com)