My sister made up a concoction yesterday with ginger,orange and lemon. It’s really simple, she didn’t give me quantities but she’d made enough for approximately 4 cups , it was really good and the ginger flavor really came out in this tea.
This tea is a great way to detox . Ginger soothes the stomach, reduces inflammation, and increases circulation. Lemon is an antioxidant and an excellent source of vitamin C. Honey is a natural anti-bacterial and immunity booster. Perfect for the upcoming flu season or any time.
- 4 cup hot water
- 1 ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 a lemon sliced
- 1/2 orange sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (or agave if you prefer)
Boil water first.
Then add peeled ginger and lemon simmer for about 20 minutes.
Then drizzle in the honey.
This one is good warm as well and packed with antioxidants
Winter Orange Pomegranate Tea
- 3 cups water
- 1 navel orange, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 inches stick cinnamon, broken
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 orange-flavored or black tea bags (decaffeinated, if you like)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 12 orange wedges or chunks
- 6 lime wedges or chunks
- 6 6-inch wooden skewers
- Ice cubes
In a glass pitcher, combine strained tea mixture, orange juice, pomegranate juice and sugar, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
To serve:Place 2 orange wedges and 1 lime wedge onto each skewer. Serve tea in glasses filled with ice cubes. Add fruit skewers to each glass.
- Pomegranate + Ginger Mulled Wine (abeautifulmess.com)
- Freshly Squeezed Pomegranate Orange Juice (annesturetucker.com)