A nice change from Sweet potato Fries and a great way to try a new veggie.
I looovvveeee Parsnips.
2 1/2 pounds parsnips or carrots, peeled, cut into about 3×1/2-inch strips
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus 5 sprigs rosemary
1 large garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon (or more) ground cumin
Preheat oven to 450°. Mix parsnips, chopped rosemary, garlic, and oil on a large rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer. Scatter rosemary sprigs over.
Roast for 10 minutes; turn parsnips and roast until parsnips are tender and browned in spots, 10–15 minutes longer. Crumble leaves from rosemary sprigs over; discard stems and toss to coat. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp. cumin over. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more cumin, if desired.
- Parsnip and Herb Frittata (lattesandleggings.com)
- Beet and Parsnip Soup with Cashew Cream (tastyeatsathome.com)
- Roasted Parsnips With Thyme (putneyfarm.com)
- Rosemary Potatoes (midweekmealok.com)
- Herbed Parsnip Risotto (frombootlewithlove.wordpress.com)