Before continuing with this story I must stress that in my family we love each other dearly, we are also a sarcastic,humorous bunch…we all tease each other no one is safe 😀
Not even my mother
there aint no other
oh me oh my
My dear ol mother wanted a free pedometer….true story
She went all the way downtown and hoped her blood pressure would be high that day,
so she’d be accepted into a research group and receive dum dee dee dum the free pedometer!!!!
Well she got it!!!
She was showing off the new pedometer and the 10’s of thousands of steps she’s taken with proof now in her hands to her walking buddy and was walking sideways with her leg brace on and her large orthopedic shoes when all of a sudden she tripped and fell on her face!!
Oh it’s not as though mother couldn’t afford a pedometer, it was just the lure of getting something for free 😀
She said when she told me her story she just wanted a sympathetic ear…pfffttttt I said and my response was this:
You won’t get one of those here Mum laughing and remember “Worse things happen at sea dear” and “There is always someone worse off than yourself” or my favorite “Up you get now and stop your fussing”
Which is something I remember hearing when I scraped my knee on my tricycle or the time I burned my elbow on the bbq….or the time when…you get the idea 😀
Mum is ok, her face is badly bruised and she’s got a black eye ,her face was cut, glasses bent and her self dignity … well there’s not much of that left is there?
I am so glad that she’s alright and didn’t break any bones, she does have a fantastic sense of humor and is using makeup so her other eye will match…..I can’t imagine!!!!!
I’d love to post her photo but that would go against the “blog” rules I must follow. 😀
Hope your feeling better soon Mummy Dearest 😀
Baked eggplant and a healthier bechamel match up in an Italian classic made virtuous. The cheeses are on top, instead of in layers, with a creamy pink sauce underneath.
- 1 large eggplant (2 pounds), sliced 1/2 inch thick crosswise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup homemade or best-quality store-bought marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup grated part-skim mozzarella
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Arrange eggplant on two rimmed baking sheets. Brush eggplant on both sides with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden brown and very tender, 20 to 25 minutes, turning slices and rotating sheets halfway through.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: Off heat, in a medium saucepan, whisk together 1/4 cup milk, flour, and garlic. Gradually whisk in remaining 3/4 cup milk and 1/2 cup marinara sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until pink sauce has thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread 1/4 cup marinara sauce in the bottom of a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Alternate layers of baked eggplant with pink sauce. Dollop with remaining 1/4 cup marinara sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake on upper rack until browned and bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes.
Monday’s child is fair of face,
Tuesday’s child is full of grace,
Wednesday’s child is full of woe,
Thursday’s child has far to go,
Friday’s child is loving and giving,
Saturday’s child must work for a living,
But the child that’s born on the Sabbath day, Is fair and wise and good and gay.
The sun is rising
The snow and ice is melting
Birds are singing happily
Laugh loudly, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly
Gin and Juice
•1-1/2 ounces gin
•1 ounce fresh orange juice
•1 ounce fresh pineapple juice
•Sprigs of fresh mint
1.Mix gin, orange juice and pineapple juice together in a chilled martini mixer. Pour mixture over ice and garnish with fresh pineapple and a few sprigs of mint. Enjoy!
“The church is near, but the road is icy. The bar is far, but we will walk carefully.” – Russian Proverb.
- #2 Gin Fizz Cocktail (cocktailchallenge.wordpress.com)
- Happy Hour: Pineapple Citrus Fizzy (lilboandgnomie.wordpress.com)
- Thirsty Thursday: Summer Breeze (velociriot.org)
- Recipes for Vodka Drinks (healthfoodsandlife.wordpress.com)
- Recipes for Vodka Drinks (healthnfitnesstips4u.wordpress.com)
- Mighty Thirst: Tangelo Cooler (mightygirl.com)
Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
This song just makes me smile……..:D 😀 Love Love Love it!!!!!!
A little old lady.
A little old lady who?
I didn’t know you could yodel.
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀