Monday, Monday by The Mamas And The Papas
Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn’t guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.
Monday Monday, can’t trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh Monday Monday, how yould cou leave and not take me.
Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin’ all of the time
Monday Monday, …
- Monday, Monday by The Mamas And The Papas (swapwithusaz.wordpress.com)
- MaggieMoose: Monday Monday (maggiemoosetracks.wordpress.com)
- Monday Attitudes (tracyabell.com)
- Monday (kissthestarsace.wordpress.com)
- Happy Monday (handprinttheatre.wordpress.com)
It’s supposed to be a whopping 14 degrees in Muskoka today, time to make something tropical, after the weather we’ve had lately 14 is balmy 😀 no more Shepards pie, pot roasts, and soups….
Mint Caipirinha Fruit Salad
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- finely grated zest and juice of 3 limes
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar, plus extra to taste
- 1 ripe melon, deseeded and flesh scooped out with a spoon
- 1 ripe papaya, deseeded and flesh scooped out with a spoon
- 1 large handful fresh strawberries, hulled and halved lengthways
- 1 ripe mango, stoned and flesh scooped out with a spoon
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
In a pestle and mortar, bash most of the mint leaves (reserving the remainder to decorate) with the finely grated lime zest. Add the sugar and a good lug of cachaça. Mix gently in the mortar and pestle, add the lime juice, taste and add more sugar if you think you need to.
Toss the fruit together in a bowl with a little of the mint and lime mixture, then spread it all out on a big plate. Spoon the rest of the mint and lime mixture over the top. Decorate with the remaining mint before serving.
≈Laugh loudly, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly≈