What did the fisherman say to the card magician?
Pick a cod, any cod!
On my drive to work this morning I was listening to the radio and they were talking about how to burn 100 calories without really doing anything at all, well, I was all ears 😀
This came off the DJ’s blog page:
Here are 10 chores that burn 100 calories each! (from foxnews.com)
1. You could catch up on your PVR episodes of “Mad Men,” but spending that 60 minutes washing and drying a sink full of dishes like a Betty Draper-esque housewife will be much more beneficial to your calorie count. Try multitasking entertainment and chores to burn 100 calories.
2. Bored of your morning beauty routine? Pinterest a new hairstyle, because holding your arms up to blow dry, straighten, and style your hair for 35 minutes will burn off 100 calories of breakfast.
3. You really should call your mother more often. Talking on the phone while walking around the house for 35 minutes will get you brownie points and burn enough calories for a 100 calorie brownie.
4. Wouldn’t that couch look better on the south wall? Moving furniture around your living room for 25 minutes is a great 100-calorie workout, especially if you have an uber heavy hide-a-bed in your living room.
5. Mowing the lawn for 20 minutes can burn more calories than a power walk, but there’s a catch; you have to mow with a push mower. You may feel like you’re living on the frontier, but a push mower will turn your backyard into a bootcamp!
6. Can you even remember the last time you cleaned the bathroom? It’s time. Scrubbing down the bathroom from floor to ceiling for 35 minutes burns as much as a 35-minute walk on the treadmill, and it’s much more productive.
7. Wash the inside and outside of your windows for 30 minutes to burn off 100 calories. If you lived in the Empire State Building, for example, you’d burn 4,200 calories cleaning windows. That would be nearly a pound and a half of calories burned off!
8. It may scare the dog for the rest of the day, but vacuuming burns about 100 calories per 60 minutes. Go for every rug and upholstered surface in the house to burn calories and help with your seasonal allergies.
9. Moving laundry from washer to dryer, folding and organizing your closet for 45 minutes will actually help your clothes fit better. If you use an old-timey clothes wringer instead of a machine you can really get your arms working, but good luck finding one that isn’t in a museum.
10. Lighten up! Tidying up activities such as changing out light bulbs, shredding junk mail, hanging pictures, reorganizing books for 30 minutes will work on your waistline while de-cluttering your house. Clutter makes it more difficult to relax if your own home, and relaxing helps bring down levels of cortisol, a stress hormone that holds on to fat in your body. Clean, burn calories, and de-stress.
Vegetarian Spanish stew recipe
Ingredients (for 8 people):
•15ml olive oil
•125g white onions, diced
•10g garlic, chopped
•125g courgette, diced
•50g celery, diced (1/2 cooked)
•375g potato, diced (cooked)
•125g swede, diced (cooked)
•50g celeriac, diced (1/2 cooked)
•25g spinach, roughly chopped
•50g red pepper, diced
•375g canned chick peas
•250g canned chopped tomatoes
•250g canned tomato sauce (passata style)
•375ml vegetable stock
•50ml white wine
•15g chopped parsley
•10g chopped oregano
•5g dried red chilli flakes
•Pinch milled black pepper
•80g Parmesan cheese (or Pecorino Romano made with vegetable rennet), grated to serve on top
1.Heat the olive oil in a large pan, sauté the onions and garlic until they soften.
2.Add all the (non-canned) vegetables and cook for a further five minutes.
3.Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
4.Add seasoning to taste.
5.To serve, sprinkle grated Parmesan or Pecorino on the top.
Woo Hoo another fun award I love these ones 😀 😀
This one is from my new friends and faithful follower Alice who writes My Rabbit Hole trips.
“The ABC Award is a bit different from other awards in that the only rule is that you come up with something relevant to you for each letter of the alphabet.”
As usual please read with humor
😀 😀 😀
A – Angies Grapevine
B – Brother I have one
C – Crazy
D – delightful
E – extraordinary
F – Fabulous
G – Great
H – Happy
I – Independent
J – Joker
K – Kind
L – Loving
M – Mummy
N – Nutty
O – Overweight-ish
P – pleasant
Q – Quirky
R – Reader
S – Sister I have one
T – temperamental
U – Uncle I have a few of those 😀
V – Vehicle is a Nissan oh yeah!
W – Wonderful
X – xylophone never learned to play
Y – yellow is my lucky color 😀
Z – Zany
My nominees areeeee:
Laugh loudly, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly
- ABC Blog Award… (mandyevebarnett.com)
- The ABC Award (dreamy4me.wordpress.com)
- These Award Thingies (rosalindsmith-nazilli.com)
- The ABC Award (knockedoverbyafeather.wordpress.com)
- ABC Award (combatbabe.com)
- Two Awards: The ABC Award and The Super Sweet Blogging Award! (therantingpapizilla.wordpress.com)
Daughter #3 sent this info on a new yoga studio in my area called Muskoka Yoga Studio , as usual had to share!
This is a newly opened Yoga Studio in Muskoka, they have only 86 members at the moment but I think it will grow to many more.
This is what their website says:
What is SUP Yoga?
SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Yoga ~ Curious as to what SUP Yoga is? Have never been on a paddleboard before? Looking to challenge your regular Yoga practice than SUP Yoga is just what you might be looking for. Spice up your regular Yoga routine, build amazing core strength, and give yourself the freedom to glide your practice to the next level. Even if you are new to Yoga or have never tried Yoga before SUP Yoga is a great way to challenge any fitness enthusiast. Engaging stabilizer muscles, working on your balance and becoming more mindfully focused on your movements as well as your entire body, you will be amazed at how great you can feel once you have had the chance to experience a class. If you want to burn some calories, shred off excess weight and look fantastic come shape your body and mind in a Muskoka Yoga Studio SUP Yoga class
Take your practice to the water. imagine yourself floating on the Lake quiet and peaceful. Flowing gently from pose to pose and allowing yourself to completely relax and surrender to your Boga Yoga board! Pure BLISS. –
Stand Up Paddle Vancouver will be travelling to Muskoka to put together The ONLY SUP Yoga Teacher Training in Ontario!
Well at least at this exact moment.
I will be definitely signing up for this course!!!