Full of juicy watermelon, fresh mint and a dash of cherry, this refreshing cocktail would make a great drink any day!!
The ingredients can be increased to suit the number of servings needed.
Makes 1 serving
3 fresh mint sprigs
¼ cup (60 mL) watermelon purée
1 tsp (5 mL) cherry-flavoured syrup OR grenadine
3 tbsp (45 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ cup (60 mL) light rum
2 tbsp (30 mL) chilled sparkling water OR club soda
Sugar cane stirrer AND lime wedge (optional)
In a tall glass, place mint. Using the back of a wooden spoon, muddle to release oil.
In a blender, purée watermelon for 20 seconds. In a cocktail glass, combine watermelon, cherry syrup, lime juice and rum. Stir well. Add ice and top with sparkling water. Garnish with a sugar cane stirrer and lime wedge, if desired, and serve immediately.
It’s supposed to be sunny all weekend so remember that there is no stronger sunscreen than sitting in a bar!
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
Laugh loudly, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly
- Watermelon Cucumber Cocktail (moderndayforager.wordpress.com)
- Watermelon-Lime Shots (No Alcohol in Here!) (littlemissnihilist.wordpress.com)
- Alternative Fuel: A Watermelon In Your Tank? (cheapcarinsurance.net)
- 5 Things To Do With Watermelon (scrumptiousbiteshappylife.com)
- Melontini (inkinsideout.com)
- Watermelon Strawberry Coolers (thebloomingoven.wordpress.com)