Sluggers’ Strawberry Slushie
This grown-up take on a ballpark staple can also be made without an ice cream maker to do so put
1 cup of the wine, covered, in the refrigerator; chill. Purée the remaining wine with all remaining ingredients in a food processor. Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until solid. When you’re ready to serve, just purée the ice cubes with the remaining wine in a blender.
- 2 cups hulled strawberries
- 1 750 milliliter bottle dry Riesling
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Purée strawberries, Riesling, lemon juice, and sugar in a food processor until liquefied. Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Divide among cups. Serve immediately with straws, or transfer to a container and freeze.
- Summer Strawberry Daiquiri (thestormbrewing.wordpress.com)
- Lemonade with Berry Ice Cubes (spoonful.com)
- Strawberry Lemonade (spoonful.com)
- Watermelon-Lime Slushy (savoryandsweetfood.wordpress.com)