Well guys….I’m still alcohol free…well except for last night I shared a beer with a friend and it was a Blue Light so it doesn’t really count! 😀
Here is another awesome alcohol free summer cocktail,this ginger punch is flavored with lemon juice and sweetened with honey and molasses for a refreshing drink that quenches even the fiercest summer thirst. (Could add vodka) 😀
Haymaker’s Ginger Switchel
- 9 cup(s) water, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup(s) honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup(s) molasses
- 3/4 cup(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) cider vinegar
- Fresh berries, mint sprigs or lemon slices for garnish
- Combine 3 cups water with ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and let infuse for 15 minutes.
- Strain the ginger-infused water into a pitcher, pressing on the ginger solids to extract all the liquid. Add honey (or maple syrup) and molasses; stir until dissolved. Stir in lemon juice, vinegar and the remaining 6 cups water. Chill until very cold, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Stir the punch and serve in tall glasses over ice cubes. Garnish with berries, mint sprigs or lemon slices, if desired.