This one’s for my sista
Mexican Spiced Coffee
Cafe de la Olla
Café de la Olla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves (or clovina), ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (or canela), ground
- 4 heaping tablespoons coffee, ground
- 3 cups water, hot, near boiling
- molasses, to taste
- half and half or cream, to taste
- Put water on to boil. You want it near boiling, but not a rolling boil.
- Add dry ingredients into a large french press. Stir. Add hot water. Steep for 10 minutes. Plunge the french press. Serve and enjoy!