I love Brussels sprouts and usually just have them with butter…boring, but this recipe for Brussels sprouts is really going to “jazzy” up my Kraft Dinner meal tonight 😀 😀 !!
When you brown butter, as in this recipe, the flavor intensifies so adding just a little to Brussels sprouts still makes a big impact.
Makes: 4 servings, 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add Brussels sprouts, cover and steam until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook, swirling often, until the butter turns a nutty brown, 1 to 3 minutes. Stir in oil and scrape into a large bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the Brussels sprouts, almonds, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Tip: To toast slivered almonds, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts (rooftoprecipes.wordpress.com)
- Brussels Sprouts with Bourbon, Apple & Fennel (gastography.com)
- Recipe: Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts (lifehardcore.wordpress.com)
- Last-Minute Thanksgiving Side Dish: Maple Syrup Roasted Brussels Sprouts (blogher.com)