Bet you can’t eat just one! 😀
You can make these cookies chewy or crispy . Personally I like chewy.
These cookies freeze really well and thaw in no time.
Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry Ener-G Egg Replacer mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract or scant 1/8 tsp lemon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a mixer beat Earth balance and brown sugar until well combined. Add Ener-G mixed with water, lemon & vanilla. Beat until fluffy. Mix in oats and coconut until combined. In a separate bowl whisk flour, salt, baking soda & baking powder. Slowly add to mixer and beat until well combined. Drop by teaspoon fulls and bake 12-16 minutes. Cool on pan before removing.