- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
- 1 red-skinned potatoes, (unpeeled), cubed
- 1/2 pkg (454 g pkg) medium-firm tofu
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen shelled edamame, (soybeans)
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) minced fresh chives or green onions
In Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat; cook carrots, celery, onion, garlic and pepper, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes.
Add broth, 3 cups water, zucchini, red pepper, soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender, about 8 minutes.
Cut tofu into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes. Add to soup along with edamame; simmer for 3 minutes.