One of my most favorite food groups….chocolate!!
this is my “sweet” little payback
😀 😀 😀
I found this awesome website and post at – ohsheglows.com
Imagine a cross between a peanut butter cup and a chocolate peanut butter torte, with a healthy, vegan twist. This is it! See original post for swaps, tips and tricks.
Ingredients (5 mini mason jars (125ml))
For the crust
- heaping 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp graham cracker crumbs (10 squares) or use homemade PB graham crackers
- 1.5 tbsp pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or Earth Balance)
- 2.5 tsp cocoa powder
For the filling
- 200 grams soft/silken organic tofu, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Sucanat or brown sugar, processed into powder (or 3-5 tbsp icing sugar to taste)
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- salt, to taste (add enough to make the filling pop!)
For the chocolate shell
- 2.5 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1.5 tsp coconut oil (or Earth Balance)
- 1. If making homemade powdered sugar, add 1/2 cup of Sucanat (or brown sugar) into a high-speed blender and blend until a powder forms. Set aside, but leave the lid on as it needs to settle.
- 2. Grab 5 mini (125ml) mason jars. In a food processor, process the crust ingredients until crumbs are a bit damp. Add 2 tablespoons of the crust into each jar. Spread out evenly and flatten with fingers.
- 3. Quickly wipe out the processor bowl. Now add the filling ingredients and process until silky smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- 4. Add approx. 3 tablespoons of filling into each jar and smooth. Place jars into freezer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes to firm up a bit.
- 5. Remove jars from freezer and melt the chocolate on the stove-top or microwave. Spoon 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate on top of the filling. Quickly, twist the jar around to coat all sides. Repeat for the rest. chill in the fridge or freezer to firm up the chocolate or just dig in as is!
- See my original post for a FAQ on swapping out nuts, soy, gluten, making powdered sugar at home, and more.
Laugh loudly, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly