This could become one of my new favorites , it requires a little work , but well worth it!!!
Not only is this drink tasty, low in calories but it has a little hint of health mixed in…what more could I ask for.
Nutritional info at the bottom, a first for me an alcoholic drink with Nutritional info attached 🙂
Make the base for these pomegranate cosmopolitans ahead of time and shake individual cocktails “to order.” Or for individual drinks, combine 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) each pomegranate juice and vodka, 4 teaspoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon Cointreau, 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger juice and 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- 2 1/4 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 1/4 cups vodka
- 1 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup Cointreau, or Grand Marnier
- 1/4 cup ginger juice, (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, preferably superfine “bar sugar,” plus more for the rims
- Strips of lime zest, for garnish
- Mix pomegranate juice, vodka, lime juice, Cointreau (or Grand Marnier), ginger juice and sugar in a large pitcher.
- For each drink, fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice, add 1/2 cup Cosmo mix, and shake until the shaker turns frosty and cold. Dip the rim of a martini (or highball) glass into water and then in sugar (to “sugar the rim”). Strain the drink into the martini glass (or over fresh ice in the highball glass). Garnish with a twist of lime zest, if desired.
TIPS & NOTES
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1 and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Note: We use bottled ginger juice (pressed ginger root) to add the taste of fresh ginger without the work of mincing or grating. Use it to flavor drinks, stir-fries, marinades or anywhere you’d use fresh ginger. Find it in specialty stores or online at gingerpeople.com.
Per serving: 188 calories; 0 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 4 mg sodium; 107 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1