I love both cauliflower and sweets potatoes, I found this recipe on the Food Networks website, yum, yum, yum!!!
Crisp spiced cauliflower and sweet potatoes make for a vibrant vegetarian dish.
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
1. Place oil in a large non-stick skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ginger and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in the spices and salt and pepper and toast for 15 seconds and then add tomatoes, sweet potatoes and water. Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat and cook until they are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the cauliflower and stir well. Place a tight fitting lid on the pan and cook until the cauliflower is tender-crisp, about 5 to 8 minutes.
Morrocan Carrot and Chickpea Salad
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1/3 cup / 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
10 ounces carrots, shredded on a box grater or sliced whisper thin on a mandolin
2 cups cooked chickpeas (or one 15- ounce can, drained and rinsed)
2/3 cup / 100 g dried pluots, plums, or dates cut into chickpea-sized pieces
1/3 cup / 30 g fresh mint, torn
For serving: lots of toasted almond slices, dried or fresh rose petals – all optional (but great additions!)
To make the dressing, first toast the cumin seeds in a dry skillet until fragrant and lightly browned, a minute or two. Let cool, and grind to a powder with a mortar and pestle.
In a bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, ground cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the carrots, chickpeas, dried pluots, mint, and almonds, and rose petals (if you’re including those as well.) Gently toss until everything is evenly coated. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (You can toss this salad, minus the almonds, hours in advance. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.)