Reader Beware: This is a long read 😀
This one of my most favorite drinks EVER! I had no idea there was actually a “National Sangria Day” celebrated on December 20th, had I known I would have taken the day off to celebrate!!!
So to celebrate I have posted 10 great Sangria recipes all of which I will be trying over the holidays….well maybe not, but the Cinnamon Apple Sangria looks delicious.
Cinnamon Apple Sangria
• ½ Cognac (We used Remy Martin V.S.O.P)
• 4 oz. Red wine
• 1 oz. Apple cider
• 1 oz. Cranberry juice
• 1 oz. Pineapple juice
• 1 Dash cinnamon
• Lemon/lime soda
• Apple slices
• Cinnamon stick
Combine all ingredients, except soda, in a mixing glass. Fill shaker with ice. Shake vigorously. Pour ingredients into wine glass. Fill with soda. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon stick.
Recipe courtesy of Atrio at Conrad New York Hotel.
Pisco Sangria Punch
• ½ pint of Simple syrup
• 1 pint of Distilled water
• ¾ pint of Lemon juice
• 1 bottle of Pisco (We used Pisco Portón)
• 1 Pineapple
Cut a fresh pineapple in squares about ½ by 1 ½ inches. Put these squares of fresh pineapple in a bowl of simple syrup to soak overnight. In the morning, mix the rest of the ingredients in a big bowl. Use 3 or 4 parts of punch per glass, adding a square of the soaked pineapple to each. Lemon juice or simple syrup may be added to taste. Serve very cold.
Recipe courtesy of Pisco Portón.
Sparkling White Sangria
• ½ pint Raspberries
• 1 part Tequila (We used Tequila Avión)
• 1 part Sparkling wine
• 2 parts Lemon/Lime soda
• 1 Orange
• 2 Limes
• 1 Pear cut into small pieces
Squeeze juice from half an orange and half a lime into the pitcher. Add ice and 1 part tequila to pitcher. Gently pour in sparkling wine and soda (so as not to diffuse all the bubbles). Stir gently and top with pear and raspberries. Serve in wine glasses.
Recipe courtesy of Tequila Avión.
Winter Chocolate Sangria
• 1 Bottle of chocolate infused liquor (We used ChocolatRouge Sweet Red)
• 1 Whole apple cut in pieces
• 1 Whole Orange cut in pieces
• Handful of sliced grapes
• 5 oz. Soda water
• Dash of brandy
• 1 Orange twist
Add all ingredients, except soda water and brandy, in a large pitcher. Let sit for an hour. Add soda water and brandy. Serve over ice. Garnish with a twist of orange.
Recipe courtesy of ChocolatRouge Wines.
Pomegranate Red Sangria
• 1 Bottle of dry red wine
• 2 cups Pomegranate juice
• ½ cup Brandy
• 1 Lemon, sliced (rind intact)
• 1 Lime, sliced (rind intact)
• 1 Orange, slice (rind intact)
Add all ingredients to pitcher and stir. Fill with ice and stir to chill. Serve in mason jars or your favorite tumbler.
Recipe courtesy of Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar in California.
• 3 cups Sauvignon blanc or dry white wine
• ¾ cup St. Germain
• 1 Peach diced
• 5 Strawberries halved
• 5 Raspberries
• 10 Grapes halved
Add ingredients in a pitcher. Let it sit for 15 minutes (or longer if desire). Pour into ice-filled glasses.
Recipe courtesy of St. Germain.
• 1 Bottle of vermouth (We used MARTINI Bianco Vermouth)
• 1 cup Apple juice
• ½ cup Cranberry juice
• ½ cup Simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water)
• 2 oz. Freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1 cup Prosecco (We used MARTINI Prosecco)
• 1 Apple, cubed
• 1 Lemon, thinly sliced into wheels
• 1 Orange, thinly sliced into wheels
Combine first five ingredients in a large pitcher and stir in fruit. Chill until ready to serve (24 hours, if possible). Just prior to serving, stir in prosecco. Pour over ice in tall glasses. Makes 8-10 servings.
Recipe courtesy of MARTINI.
• Orange slices
• Strawberry slices
• Lime slices
• Kiwi slices
• Passion fruit slices
• ¼ oz. Absinthe (We used Lucid)
• 1 ¼ oz. Cachaca
• ½ oz. Spanish brandy
• ½ oz. Orange liquor
• 1 oz. Red Wine
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the fruits thoroughly with absinthe, cachaca, brandy and orange liquor. Pour drink in wine glass. Float red wine on top of cocktail. Stir and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Lucid.
Winter Spice Sangria
• 1 Bottle of sherry (We used Sandeman Founders Reserve Porto)
• 4 oz. Cinnamon schnapps
• 3 Clementines, quartered
• 6 oz. Cranberries
• 18 oz. Sparkling clementine juice or soda
• 6 oz. Cranberry juice
• 4 Cinnamon sticks
• Ground allspice
Combine sherry, cinnamon schnapps, clementine pieces, cranberries, cranberry juice and cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher. Cover tightly and place in refrigerator for 24 hours. Right before serving, add sparkling clementine juice/soda and sprinkle allspice on top.
Recipe courtesy of Sandeman Founders Reserve Porto.
Giant Signature Sangria
• 5 Bottles red wine (merlot or cabernet)
• 1 Bottle triple sec
• 7 Peaches
• 5 Oranges
• 1 pint Blackberries
• 2 pints Strawberries
• 2 Pineapples
Add all ingredients in a pitcher and gently stir. Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Truxton’s American Bistro in California.
All recipes copied from Fox News Latino
- White Sangria, White Wine Sangria & Sangria White Wine | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Cranberry Pomegranate Sangria (andtheycookedhappilyeverafter.wordpress.com)
- The truth about Sangria (soulfoood.me)
- December 20 – National Sangria Day (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Santa’s Sangria (cobwebscupcakesandcrayons.com)