Traditional bennies can weigh you down with fatty meats and buttery sauce. Ours use portobellos for a meaty texture and cheese sauce to cut the butter, revamping the breakfast favorite for a final fat count of just 4.5 grams!
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 packed cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups portobello mushrooms, chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 10 egg whites
- 4 whole-grain English muffins, split and toasted
- Place flour in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, add cheese, salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, stirring until melted.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add and sauté spinach, mushrooms and remaining pepper until spinach is wilted and mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate skillet coated with cooking spray, scramble egg whites over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Top English muffin halves evenly with scrambled egg whites and spinach-mushroom mixture, then drizzle with cheese sauce. Serve immediately
😀 😀 😀
Veggie Nasi Goreng
- 1 cup uncooked Wild, Brown Rice or mixture
- 4 eggs
- 2 yellow, red or orange peppers
- 4 Red onions
- 2 carrots sliced with a potato peeler
- 4 red chilies
- 5 – 10 garlic cloves
- 4 Spring onions (cut length wise)
- Cilantro (large handful, to desired)
- 8 tablespoons Sesame oil
Cook rice as directed and set aside.
Scramble or fry eggs and also set aside.
Add two onions, half a chili and garlic to bender to make a paste.
Add oil and the paste (from the blender) to frying pan and fry 3 minutes, then add thinly sliced onions, red chilies, yellow peppers and carrots for another 3 minutes.
Add the rice for 2 minutes, then the eggs, thinly sliced spring onions and cilantro for another minute and serve.
Herbal D-tox Cook book for Cleansing
Growing up Impossible Pies were usually on Mums weekly dinner menu. These are super easy to make and take no time at all.
With a new picky eating vegetarian in the house these pies make a great dinner, lunch or breakfast.
Impossible Vegetable Pie
2 cups chopped broccoli or sliced fresh cauliflowerets
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Heat 1 inch salted water to boiling in medium saucepan. Add broccoli; cover and heat to boiling. Cook about 5 minutes or until almost tender; drain thoroughly. Stir together cooked broccoli, onion, bell pepper and cheese in pie plate
Stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.
Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
≈Laugh loudly, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly≈