My sister posted this on Facebook the other day….
😀 😀 😀
“Love living in a multicultural community”
Ukrainian photographer Vyacheslav Mishchenko documents tiny creatures in nature who often go unseen. In particular, he captures portraits of snails that are both magical and adorable. The photographer gets in close to snap macro shots of precious, surreal moments.
I have just started using Bee pollen in my smoothies to give them a whole lot of extra goodness. 😀
I looked up some info and here it is 😀
Bee pollen is a holistic remedy used throughout the world.
There are so many uses of pollen that they are are often overlooked.
Bee Pollen is made by honeybees, and is the food of the young bee. It is considered one of nature’s most completely nourishing foods as it contains nearly all nutrients required by humans. Bee-gathered pollens are rich in proteins (approximately 40% protein), free amino acids, vitamins, including B-complex, and folic acid.
Bee pollen is a complete food and contains many elements that products of animal origin do not possess. Bee pollen is more rich in proteins than any animal source. It contains more amino acids than beef, eggs, or cheese of equal weight. About half of its protein is in the form of free amino acids that are ready to be used directly by the body.
A one teaspoon dose of pollen takes one bee working eight hours a day for one month to gather. Each bee pollen pellet, contains over two million flower pollen grains and one teaspoonful contains over 2.5 billion grains of flower pollen.
Bee Pollen can be used medicinally for a wide range of conditions from prostate health to skin conditions and can help correct specific nutritional imbalances within the body.
1. Energy Enhancer – The range of nutrients found within bee pollen makes it a great natural energizer. The carbohydrates, protein and B vitamins can help keep you going all day by enhancing stamina and fighting off fatigue.
2. Skin Soother – Bee pollen is often used in topical products that aim to treat inflammatory conditions and common skin irritations like psoriasis or eczema. The amino acids and vitamins protect the skin and aid the regeneration of cells.
3. Respiratory System – Bee pollen contains a high quantity of antioxidants that may have an anti-inflammatory effect on the tissues of the lungs, preventing the onset of asthma.
4. Treating Allergies – Pollen reduces the presence of histamine, ameliorating many allergies. Dr. Leo Conway, M.D of Denver Colorado, reported that 94 percent of his patients were completely free from allergy symptoms once treated with oral feeding of pollen. Everything from asthma to allergies to sinus problems were cleared, confirming that bee pollen is wonderfully effective against a wide range of respiratory diseases.
5. Digestive System – In addition to healthful vitamins, minerals and protein, bee pollen contains enzymes that can aid in digestion. Enzymes assist your body in getting all the nutrients you need from the food that you eat.
6. Immune System Booster – Pollen is good for the intestinal flora and thereby supports the immune system. According to holistic health expert Dr. Joseph Mercola, bee pollen has antibiotic-type properties that can help protect the body from contracting viruses. It’s also rich in antioxidants that protect the cells from the damaging oxidation of free radicals.
7. Treats Addictions – Used holistically for healing addictions and inhibiting cravings by suppressing impulses. Because bee pollen crashes cravings, it is a very useful research is needed into this benefit, particularly when it comes to weight management.
8. Supports the Cardiovascular System – Bee Pollen contains large amounts of Rutin; an antioxidant bioflavonoid that helps strengthen capillaries, blood vessels, assists with circulatory problems and corrects cholesterol levels. Its potent anti-clotting powers could help prevent heart attack and stroke.
9. Prostate Aid – Men who suffer from benign prostate hyperplasia can find relief by using bee pollen. Bee pollen can help reduce inflammation to stop frequent urges to urinate.
10. Infertility Problems – Bee pollen stimulates and restores ovarian function, therefore may be used to assist in accelerating pregnancy. As well as being a hormonal booster it is also a great aphrodisiac!
Bee pollen is a food and acts faster and more effectively when taken at mealtime and especially with fruit, which lets it gently, perform a little cleansing of the intestinal flora.
A spoonful at breakfast, preferably taken with a piece of fruit: the fruit fibers (raw hemicellulose) reinforce the activity of the fresh pollen.You’ll be pleased to know that bee keepers are able to remove pollen from hives without harming the bees or disturbing their routine.
For even more information check out Bee Pollen Buzz
In scenes which will haunt anyone with an aversion our eight-legged friends, hundreds of spiders have begun dangling from telegraph poles in the southern Brazilian town of Santo Antônio da Platina.
Footage posted online on Friday shows the fairly sizable arachnids, identified as Anelosimus eximius, in one massive web.
A local biologist told Gawker that the “social spider” species is known for its very big colonies and “sheet webs,” and said such a mass dangling is “normal.”
Don’t think Brazil will be on my list for vacationing during this time of year…..
About 20 years ago Muskoka was over run with caterpillars, I remember sweeping them away before being able to leave the house, and walking with the kids was awful these little creepy crawlies were everywhere, I can’t imagine this….:D
Laugh loudly, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly
I don’t usually post photos but had to share this one, I was just outside taking photos of a group of turkeys walking through our yard and saw a cute photo op of Gordo. Gordo of course on the inside and me out. 🙂
This picture is so cool 🙂 , it caught the reflection of the backyard,me and the tinman. 🙂
And the Turkeys…there must have been at least 20 of them, could not get them all at once.
GCM Acrylic landscape artist. Earth's natural landscape is my inspiration, the simple beauty that surrounds us!!
Let's Talk Yin
Teaching the art of composition for photography.
a pilgrimage of the heart
A girl's journey to finding herself.
"It always seems impossible until it's done." - Nelson Mandela
...a world of poetry and spokenword