Campbell’s introduced the idea of canned spaghetti back in 1965,
I’ve added the Franco American commercial at the bottom…”the greatest invention since the napkin!”
You can anellini pasta for a traditional Spaghetti Os shape, but you can easily substitute whatever small pasta shape you have on hand. For gluten-free Spaghetti Os, just use a gluten-free pasta… they even make gluten-free quinoa anellini if you want a true Spaghetti Os shape.
- 15oz no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp to 1 tsp salt (depending on your preference. I like 1 tsp.)
- 2-3 tsp butter-type spread (such as Earth Balance or Smart Balance Light)
- 3-4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- pinch pure stevia OR 2 tbsp sweetener of choice (agave, sugar, whatever)
- 1 cup uncooked tiny pasta of choice (If using a larger pasta, such as elbows, increase to 2 cups)
Homemade Spaghetti Os Recipe: In a small saucepan, stir together all ingredients except the pasta. Bring to a boil, then lower and cook on low until the butter spread melts completely. Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, throw in the pasta and cook until desired texture is reached. Drain, then pat dry with a towel. Pour the pasta into the sauce, and stir to combine. Serve. Before reheating any leftovers, stir and add a little milk of choice if needed.