You can buy all these ingredients for under bucks! You can also deep fry…much healthier this way!
See ma I was listening 😀
Baked Root Vegetable Chips
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. I used a mandolin to slice very thin chips, you can use a knife or food processor. Lay the chips onto the sheets and spray with more cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Cook for 10 minutes, check and remove smaller chips if browning, flip the rest and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove and let cool for a few minutes before eating.
This one looks really pretty with Lotus root!
- golden yukon potatoes
- purple potatoes
- lotus root
Roasted potato frittata with onions and peppers
1 large russet potato
Olive oil to coat
Sprinkle of salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
1 tbsp butter
1 onion, diced
1/4 green pepper diced
2 mushrooms, diced
1/2 cup aged cheddar
1. Cut potato into thick slices and coat with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Roast in a 450F oven until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a small oven proof skillet heat the butter. Add the onion and green pepper and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are golden, about 10 minutes.
3. Place eggs in a small bowl and whisk. Add cheese and pour egg and cheese mixture over the vegetables in the skillet. Pull the eggs mixture away from the side of the skillet allowing the uncooked egg on top to run down into the pan. Keep doing this until the egg mixture is cooked on the bottom but still runny on top. Place the potato slices onto the top of the frittata.
4. Place under a broiler until the egg has puffed up and is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
5. Garnish, serve, and enjoy!