I have come to the conclusion that Summer is officially over! With expected snow over the weekend, the start of Grey Cup, the 1st Annual Santa Claus Parade in Port Carling my hometown and today of course, Black Friday , I have no choice but to bid you adieux summer.
I will say my farewells donning flip-flops glass in hand, on my deserted deck, void of patio furniture, plants and our pond .
As I welcome winter and bid farewell to summer I will be doing so with this sensational Margarita in hand. Which I might add you make by the pitcher full!! Bonus 🙂
1 can(s) (12-ounce) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cup(s) water
- 3 1/2 cup(s) gold tequila
- 2 cup(s) pomegranate juice
- 1 cup(s) triple sec
- 5 limes
- Ice cubes for serving
- 1 cup(s) fresh pomegranate seeds (from 1 pomegranate)
- In a large pitcher, combine limeade and water until well blended. Stir in tequila, pomegranate juice, and triple sec.
- Cut each lime crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick wheels; cut a slit in each wheel, from center to edge. To serve, place ice cubes and a few pomegranate seeds in each glass; place a lime wheel on rim.
Virgin Pomegranate Margaritas: Substitute 2 cups lemon-lime seltzer for tequila and triple sec. Substitute pomegranate-cranberry juice for pomegranate juice. Proceed as above.
Intense lime flavor comes from a budget-friendly can of concentrate. Mix and refrigerate the margaritas up to a day ahead.
- Pomegranate Martini & Pomegranate Martini Recipe | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Cranberry Pomegranate Sangria (andtheycookedhappilyeverafter.wordpress.com)
- Pomegranate Juice with Breakfast (winecommonsewer.com)
- What Exactly Are Pomegranates? How to Choose, Open and Eat ‘Em (self.com)
- National pomegranate month (eatocracy.cnn.com)