Summer has returned to Muskoka!!!!!
Strawberry-Kiwi Frozen Mojitos
- 1 ½ cups chopped strawberries, frozen
- 1 ½ cups chopped kiwi, frozen
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup, divided
- 8 fresh mint leaves, divided
- 3 ounces rum, divided
- 3 ½ cups crushed ice, divided
- Strawberry and kiwi slices, to garnish
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- In a blender, combine the 1½ cups frozen strawberries, 1½ tablespoons simple syrup, 4 mint leaves, one shot of rum, and 1¾ cups of crushed ice (if you have whole cubes, crush them in the blender first). Blend until well combined and slushy-like.
- Pour the strawberry mojito into 3 (8 oz) glasses, filling half-way.
- Rinse out the blender jug and combine the remaining 1½ cups chopped kiwi, 1½ tablespoons simple syrup, 4 mint leaves, shot of rum, and 1¾ cups crushed ice. Blend to desired consistency.
- Pour the kiwi mojito over the strawberry mojito.
- Garnish with kiwi, strawberry, and mint.
- Serve immediately.
recipe “stolen” from host the toast 😀
≈Laugh loudly, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly≈
Sluggers’ Strawberry Slushie
This grown-up take on a ballpark staple can also be made without an ice cream maker to do so put
1 cup of the wine, covered, in the refrigerator; chill. Purée the remaining wine with all remaining ingredients in a food processor. Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until solid. When you’re ready to serve, just purée the ice cubes with the remaining wine in a blender.
- 2 cups hulled strawberries
- 1 750 milliliter bottle dry Riesling
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Purée strawberries, Riesling, lemon juice, and sugar in a food processor until liquefied. Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Divide among cups. Serve immediately with straws, or transfer to a container and freeze.
- Summer Strawberry Daiquiri (thestormbrewing.wordpress.com)
- Lemonade with Berry Ice Cubes (spoonful.com)
- Strawberry Lemonade (spoonful.com)
- Watermelon-Lime Slushy (savoryandsweetfood.wordpress.com)
Seize the day with a big jug o Carpe Diem
😀 😀 😀
10 Strawberries hulled and halved
2 tbsp vanilla sugar
30 ml lime juice
150 ml Martin Miller’s gin
8 basil leaves, torn
To taste – Champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
Garnish with basil leaves and cucumber slices
Process strawberries, sugar and juices in a blender until smooth. Pour into a 1 litre-capacity jug over ice, add gin and basil, and stir. Top with Champagne or sparkling wine and serve over ice in tall glasses. Garnish with a basil leaf and a slice of cucumber and serve