I found a great site called Honestly Healthy Food, this site is full of awesome recipes and tips to leading an alkaline lifestyle.
For the Nachos:
- 120g gluten free flour
- ¼ tsp pink salt
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum
- ¼ cup water
For the Avocado Dip:
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Juice & zest of 1/2 a lime
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 inch chilli, finely chopped on an angle
For The Black Beans:
- 240g organic black beans
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Pinch smoked paprika
For the Vegan Sour Cream:
- 6 tbsp Tofutti (this is tofu cream cheese, you should find it in the fridge section of most health food stores)
- Juice and zest of 1/2 a lime
- pinch pink salt
- Optional: 40g hard goats cheese.
- To make the nachos put the flour, salt and xanthan gum into a bowl and mix together. Slowly add the water and combine together to form a dough. Kneed together on a floured surface until completely mixed together. Roll the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and put into the fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
- Split the ball of dough into 4 smaller balls and roll each one out – the trick is to roll them as thin as possible – approx. 2-3mm each.
- Heat a pan and leave to get really hot. Put one of the rolled out tortilla onto the dry hot pan and leave until it starts to go golden brown and bubble on one side (they will only brown where it starts to ‘bubble’). Turn it over and repeat on the other side until all of the 4 tortillas are done.
- Chop each tortilla into small triangles (about 2cm in length on the long side). Put into a lined baking tray and cover with 1 tbsp of sunflower oil. Make sure you cover them all evenly – the best way to do this is put the oil on your hands and massage it over the chips. Sprinkle with salt and put into the oven for 15 -20 minutes until golden and crispy being sure to check them half way through and turn them over if necessary.
- While the chips are in the oven make the beans. Put the sunflower oil and cumin into the pan and leave on heat for 1-2 minutes until the oil starts to sizzle. Put the beans in (with their water), add the paprika and stir for 2-3 minutes on a high heat until the liquid around the beans starts to absorb. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Make the avocado dip buy removing the skin and pip of the avocado and squeeze half the lemon over the top (this stops it from going brown). Mash up the avocado with a fork and add the grated garlic, the juice and zest of the lime, chopped fresh chili and mix together.
- Once the chips are cooked, put them onto an oven proof plate and grate the cheese over the top. Dollop the black bean over the top of the cheese and place the dish back into the oven for about 3 minutes until the cheese melts.
- While the plate is in the oven, make the sour cream but mixing the Tofutti with the lime zest, lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Remove the plate from the oven and serve with the avocado dip over the top, a spoonful of vegan sour cream (and a little more cheese if you wish). Garnish with coriander and enjoy!!