I am one of the few that like tofu, this one looks so easy and most of the ingredients I have already. It’s on our dinner menu this week along with some other great meal ideas from www.pablam.wordpress.com and www.thevampirediet.wordpress.com.
Thai Spiced Tofu
- 8 ounces firm tofu, cut into four 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (found in the Asian section of most supermarkets)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (or tamari, for vegetarians who don’t eat fish)
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Place the tofu between layers of paper towels and weigh them down with a heavy skillet to remove excess water. Set aside to drain for 10 minutes.
- Combine the curry paste, sugar, and fish sauce; put half this sauce in a resealable plastic bag. Add the tofu, seal, and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine the green beans, broth, oil, and the remaining curry. Simmer until the beans are tender, about 5 minutes. Cover to keep warm.
- Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and place it over medium heat. When hot, add the tofu and cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a dinner plate and cover. Serve with the green beans
- Tofu Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce (spoonful.com)
- Rather Simple Panaeng Tofu (spontaneousderivation.com)
- Crispy Buffalo Tofu (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)
- Recipe for Stir-Fried Marinated Tofu and Mushrooms (kalynskitchen.com)